Dyfed Powys Police and the Use of Social Media
We encourage people to follow us and we will post information we deem to be interesting, relevant and of use to people living in the Dyfed Powys Police area.
We will include:
- New content and information relating to services, initiatives, meetings, events and campaigns.
- An RSS feed from our press releases that are published on our website;
- Retweets/links from other public sector / community organisations and individuals that are relevant to Dyfed Powys;
- Links to relevant online media coverage;
- We will also publish information and links that are relevant to our work and the services we provide as well as ask questions to gauge public opinion on a range of formal and informal topics.
- Some of the content will be produced in house and other content will be developed by external companies.
- We reserve the right to delete any information from our wall/profile/twitter feed that we feel is inappropriate for a public site.
If you follow us on Twitter or become our friend on Facebook we will not automatically follow you back. This is to discourage the use of direct messaging, avoid resource-wasting spam-handling and so that you can easily identify other key Twitter/Facebook users we think are relevant to our work from who we follow. Being followed by us does not imply endorsement of any kind.
We will update and monitor our Twitter and Facebook accounts as often as we can. The sites may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to their downtime.
@Replies, Direct Messages and Wall Posts
We welcome feedback and ideas from all our followers. However, we are not always able to reply individually to the messages we receive via the sites.
The Citizen Focus team read all @replies and Direct Messages and ensures that any emerging themes or helpful suggestions are passed to the relevant people.
The usual ways of contacting us for official correspondence
are detailed in the contact us section of our website.
Please don’t rely on contacting us through social media in an emergency. In an emergency always ring 999 or 101 if it’s less urgent.
Please note our Police Officers do not have individual
profiles on Facebook. The only official force profile is Dyfed Powys Police.